25 Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes
Unfortunately, it’s swimsuit season. You know what I am talking about. The season where you actually have to put on a swimsuit if you live around water. So that brings up all the body shaming, cussing swimwear events in my life and I am in need of new yummy things to dress up the rabbit food I’m consuming. What does that mean for you? I’ve come across and cultivated a list of 25 homemade salad dressing recipes I could find on the internet.
I like making my own salad dressings because they taste WAY better than the stuff out of the bottle and it is a lot cheaper. It also helps me when I’m trying to eat healthier and make something my kids will eat. While both of them are good eaters, they need more than just salad most of the time. If not, the whining starts in our house about an hour after dinner.
Making our own dressing means I can make a couple of different ones and leave them in the fridge, so each kid gets to pick. I also grill fish, chicken and even steak for them so they can toss some extra protein on their salad if they wish.
The good news is that the lettuce in our garden is sprouting up like crazy, so I’ve got plenty of rabbit food to drizzle all of these delicious dressings upon. Here’s 25 homemade salad dressing recipes you are going to love:
1. Bake Your Day – Frangelico Dressing (Toasted Hazelnut & Summer Berry Salad)
2. A Farm Girl’s Dabbles – Creamy Herby Summer Dressing
3. Yes to Yolks – Lemon Dressing (Raw Brussels Sprout & Kale Salad)
4. Eat. Drink. Love. – Skinny Parmesan Dressing
5. That’s So Michelle – Honey & Goat Cheese Salad Dressing
6. The Happy Housewife – Poppy Seed Dressing (Salad with Feta and Roasted Almonds)
7. Baked Bree – Honey Lime Dressing (Taco Salad) This one you are going to love because it is perfect on the nights you make the kids tacos. While they load up on tortillas, chips and cheese, you make a healthy salad that the dressing is so good you forget you’re not eating tacos and tortillas too!
8. Bless This Mess Please – Homemade Peanut Dressing (with Chopped Asian Peanut Salad)
9. Cherished Bliss – Healthy Ranch Dressing
10. Bake You Day – Sriracha Balsamic Vinaigrette We like it hot in this house. It is ridiculous how many sauces, salsas and spicy condiments live in my fridge. Even the 8 year old is bonkers about Sriracha and likes to dab it on everything he can. I wish you could have seen the look on his face when I told him there was Sriracha in this salad dressing!
11. A Farm Girl’s Dabbles – Honey and Chipotle Vinaigrette
12. Amanda’s Cookin’ – Creamy Dill Dressing I love dill EVERYTHING!! I love it so much that I even grow dill in our herb garden at home. This is so perfect for the extra dill I have on hand during the summer. It is also fantastic as a dip for veggies out by the pool during a hot summer day.
13. Barefeet in the Kitchen – White Balsamic Vinaigrette
14. Brown Eyed Baker – My Mom’s Legendary Italian Salad Dressing
15. Bake Your Day – Garlic-Shallot Vinaigrette (Aunt Marion’s Kale Salad)
16. Yes to Yolks – Wasabi-Ginger Dressing (Tropical Shrimp Salad with Avocado, Mango) What I hate the most about eating better, is having to skip sushi. Usually, we eat out one to two times a week and my daughter and I fight the boys in our house to make sure one night is sushi. This dressing combines everything I love about sushi (I like wasabi so hot it burns the hair off my nose) and helps me watch my waste line. Do yourself a favor and make this entire salad. You will not regret it.
17. Eat. Drink. Love – Low-Fat Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
18. She Saved – Easy Homemade Ranch Dressing Recipe
19. Baked Bree – Orange Tarragon Dressing (Market Salad)
20. Bless This Mess Please – Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing (Berry Spinach Salad) Seriously, you can never go wrong with a poppy seed dressing. This was has a splash of citrus that spills it over the top in the goodness category.
21. Cherished Bliss – Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
22. Fit Foodie Finds – Homemade Italian Dressing
23. Barefeet in the Kitchen – Homemade Ranch Salad Dressing
24. A Farm Girl’s Dabbles – Orange-Curry Vinaigrette (with Wheat Berry and Spinach Salad)
25. Bake Your Day – Homemade Greek Vinaigrette (Greek Vegetable Salad) I LOVE Greek food and this vinaigrette will make your taste buds dance right out the door. You are going to love this so much and so is your salad.
So which one of these do you think is going to be your new favorite?